Monday, April 27, 2009

God's Winking at Us

We have been looking at houses for about 2 weeks. We finally decided to just try and see what happens. We have put it all in God's hands to show us the way through the process of purchasing a home. And, of course, me being the VIRGO that I am (per my little sister) I want control of the whole situation.

Wednesday of last week we found a home in Groves at 3301 Canal (3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bathrooms, 1 car garage). It sits on a on a corner lot 100 X 140 and has lots of trees, a back deck and a sun room. I printed all the information from the appraisal district, tax office and all the details of the home that was listed. We called Holly Hinds, the realtor that is helping us and scheduled a time to go see the home for Thursday evening. On our way there, Tim was looking through the papers I had printed and saw the name of the home owner - T B Snoek. He said "I wonder if that could be the same Snoek." I asked him if he knew him. Tim said that it had to be the same person he met on his Emmaus Walk. That he only knew of one Ted Snoek and he sat at Tim's table on this Christian walk. Tim even gave him the nick-name of Snoek the Hook.

We waited outside for Holly and walked up to the house. Mr. Snoek peeked through the front door window and asked us to go around back. As he opened the door, Tim said "Yep, that's him!". Tim took his hand and asked "Ted do you remember me?" Mr. Snoek had to take a long look and then Tim said "You were on my walk." Mr. Snoek was so excited to see him and gave Tim a great big hug. How awesome is that! Mr. Snoek walked us through the house and was enjoying Tim's company throughout. Gave us all the information needed to check it out. The house is in great shape considering it was built in 1954 (one year younger then me). Ted and his wife have been living in this house since. They took very good care of their home. Ted said he would love to see us in his house. God sent us there for a reason, I just know it.

On the way home Tim said "Have you noticed the address? Add the numbers up." I said them aloud 3 3 0 1 = 07 - we got married 07-07-07. WOW!!!

Friday we called Holly and told her we wanted to proceed with this house. Just something about it that fit our criteria. We made an offer, they counter offered on Saturday and we settled with the offer Saturday afternoon. The Snoeks are now in Birney, Texas visiting with their son and will be back on Tuesday. You see, they are wanting to move to Birney to be close to their son. I got down on my knees to ask God to send extra blessings to those who have helped me and Tim through this hurdle. If it is God's will for us to be blessed with a home, so be it. He is an amazing God. I give all thanks and praise to His glory.

I pray that you take the time in your life to sit still and listen to His voice in silence. Allow Him to guide you in what He wants you to do. God is winking at you when you least expect it.

Front & back of house - Please keep us in prayer.


2 comments:

  1. I'm proud to say that Ted Snoek is my grandfather, and I was delighted to find this blog entry today. Thank you for all your kind words about my grandparents--though you're not alone in your opinion. I've never met anyone who knows Ted Snoek who's ever described any other way! Hope you're enjoying your home--we all have a lot of great memories there, and I'm very happy it's gone to such wonderful new owners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story. I love it. I get so much joy in my heart when I hear what God has laid before them, and that His love is real. Recognizing His love as you walk this path, is a gift of Love and insight. He wants you to know where you're going and hopefully you will listen. That still small voice inside of you, guiding you through life and blessing the road ahead. May God continue to bless your lives and may His love for you rain upon those who have been called, but fail to listen. Love y'll,,,,Jay

    ReplyDelete